OCHPA/Nature & Nurture Facility offers Intensive Outpatient programs (IOPs) for Adolescence & Adult :
These Programs allow individuals to engage in their daily activities such as work, school, family life, etc., while in treatment. The programs can serve as a step down for those transitioning from a higher level of care ( residential, Hospital) or step up, needing more than individual therapy( based on Medical necessity) . They are conducted in a group setting, separated into three programs for two different age groups – for adults (ages 18 and up) and adolescents (ages 12 to 17 ½ years).
Our IOPs teach the following coping skills:
- Anxiety/Stress management
- Depression, Bipolar and other Mood Disorder Management
- Impulse control
- Life Skills Building (Distress Tolerance, Emotional Regulation)
- Self- Esteem Improvement, Self-Compassion, Self–Discovery/Life Transition
- Anger Management
- Goal setting/Problem-solving skills
- Managing issues with Interpersonal relationships and issues at work, home, school, etc.
- Motivation for recovery and finding meaning in life
- Identifying and overcoming roadblocks to recovery
- Relapse prevention/Management of urges and cravings
- Psycho-education of mood disorders for family and significant others
- Art Therapy to express emotional needs
- Managing a better relationship between Food and feelings
- Building Healthy body image
These IOPs are in a group outpatient setting that allow individuals to learn coping skills to improve their lives and to decrease problematic mood/emotion related symptoms.
We utilize a multi-modal approach to ensure all critical areas of a person’s life are addressed during the programs.
Our multidisciplinary team is comprised of a psychiatrist, nurse practitioners, psychologists, marriage family therapists, counselors, registered dietitians/ registered nutritionists, post doctorial psych assistants, and a consulting internist.
Program Components: Our treatment interventions are integrative and include Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Brief Solution-Focused Psychotherapy, supportive approaches, and other approaches suitable to care for the medical/psychological needs of patients.
Program Length, Duration, and Size
3 hours for 3 to 5 days (9 to 15 hours/week) for about 10-12 weeks (based on individual needs). There is a maximum of 8-10 individuals per group.
We are in network with major insurance companies (HMO and PPO plans), and will verify your insurance benefits prior to your admission. For those without health insurance, the cost of treatment varies depending on the needs of each individual and the type of the program. For patients with financial hardships, a discount will be considered.
- Psychiatry: If needed, we offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment recommendation at our facility by our consultant Psychiatrist.
- Psychological assessment: We offer comprehensive psychological assessment, and consultation, followed by personalized treatment.
- Psychological Testing: Our psychological testing assesses potential for social, cognitive, and behavioral challenges in adults, adolescents, and grade school children. Evaluation services include assessing for learning disabilities (ADD/ADHD), personality and IQ testing, and more.
- Nutrition Therapy: For our Eating Disorder programs, we offer individual nutrition counseling, individualized meal plans, educational group sessions, and ongoing professional support for those struggling with Anorexia, Bulimia, Overeating, Late-Night Eating, Binge Eating, obsessive healthy eating, Orthopraxis.
- Psychotherapy: Because we believe working with families is a critical component of treatment, we also offer marital and family therapy.
OCHPA is the proud recipient of the 2015 Best of Irvine award. We strive to bring quality services to our clients and community in order to make Irvine a great place to live, work, and play.